Friday, June 22, 2012

What's In A Name?

The other day, after my gig in Harrogate, I saw this tweet from a member of the audience. I make a rule never to retweet compliments so forgive me for sharing this one. I think you'll see that it's not the compliment I'm trying to share:


I never really thought of my audience being that sort... so I retweeted it... as if I was a proud parent, sharing some grand achievement. Sort of.


I wasn't expecting the person concerned to see my tweet... but if they did, well I wasn't expecting them to join the conversation. But that's what happened next... with Mr-I-show-naked-photos-of-myself-to-my-girlfriend chipping in with the following:


To me that only made it weirder. How did he take photos of his back? Do people shave their backs? Why show her something she'd likely see for herself? So many questions! Why join in at all. A moment ago we were talking about an abstract stranger and now we're talking about you!

And then I saw his username.


Naked_Ray.


Hmmm. 

Methinks he doth protest too much!











Thanks to Ray for giving me permission to blog about this.

No comments: