Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Google Doodle

Much has been written today about google's interactive, bouncing logo. Will it be here to stay? Is it a one off? What's it commemorating? Nobody seems sure.

The Telegraph speculated here, and the Guardian here (includes a video of the logo moving for those who missed it) and as the day has gone on most of these articles have been rewritten to include the idea that it's probably just here to celebrate google's birthday.

But I think I'm the first to spot that if you move your cursor in the right way and bounce the right number of balls to one side, you can make it do this:

I apologise. I am a child. You have every right to expect better.

12 comments:

Moohvy said...

Yes David, of course it does.

:-)

Dee's Diary said...

hahaha, beautiful x

Scottish Nature Boy said...

I've only got one thing to say in response DG ... balls...

maddie said...

Cock-a-Google-goo!

BloggerSpamFilterisBias said...

Funny, but no, you cant make it do that - that's been photoshopped or whatever and I defy anyone to attempt to prove otherwise!

Ceeej said...

Of course we have every right to expect better, but for some reason we never do...

Emma Spreadbury said...

It would probably be really puerile to make some joke about being able to find cock on Google. And I certainly wouldn't be the person to make that joke.

Blackout said...

Why would I expect better? What can be better than that? :p

Dave Gorman said...

@Dickon: I'm most confused by the idea that anyone has thought for one moment that it wasn't photoshopped. It never occurred to me that anyone would think I was actually pretending to have done it. I thought the words, "I apologise. I am a child. You have every right to expect better" would be seen as an acknowledgement that it was just a cheap knob gag. I mean, if I'd actually made it do that... I wouldn't be apologising for anything because that would be truly remarkable. Wouldn't it?

Dom Barnes said...

You can actually review all the past Google Doodles on their website http://www.google.com/logos/
No sign of this one yet

maddie said...

Sorry Dave, but I actually tried it, knobhead that I am.

BloggerSpamFilterisBias said...

Dave

Ah - I guess it would be, and looking back I think I was suffering a bit of a sense of humour failure at the time, I do that occasionally.

I even someones take myself seriously - which is an even bigger sin.