Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Last Sunday's Songs...

The songs I brought in this last week were:


A Not Quite Perfect Film by Lousy Robot:
 if you want to know more about them, their website is lousyrobot.com

and 

Walking With Giants by The Prostitutes
 It had been bugging me that I couldn't remember what this reminded me of. I knew there was a specific 80s song that it put me in mind of, but I couldn't for the life of me nail it down. Of course, if you mention that kind of thing on air, the answer is always going to come. It's Pretty In Pink by The Psychedelic Furs. It's not a soundalike or a rip off... but it's definitely that song that I was thinking of.

You probably don't want to be leaving a google search for "the prostitutes" behind on your computer... so let me save you the trouble and tell you that if you want to know more about them they have a Myspace page, and it's here: http://www.myspace.com/theprostitutes

No comments: