Thursday, March 2, 2006

A book I like...

You can tell I haven't read much this month because I'm recommending a classic. I was re-reading a section from Side Effects a few days ago and I thought I'd have to recommend this on the site. Then I started thinking about Without Feathers and whether that collection of writing was more worthy. Then I discovered that the two of them are collected in one volume and with a third, Getting Even, also in the package. Whatever the pieces in Getting Even are like - and I won't pretend to have read them - yet - the book is worth it already for the great comic writing in the other two. It's easy to forget quite how good Woody Allen has been down the years but it's great to remind yourself of it by dipping into these. Quite, quite brilliant.

Complete Prose of Woody Allen

cover
See all the books I've recommended so far here.

No comments: