Saturday, March 18, 2006

Flicker

In the article about flickr that I mentioned a couple of days ago I said that I didn't really know how to pronounce it. Should it be pronounced flicker or flick-R? As I should have expected, many people got in touch to tell me the answer. Of course loads of people told me that they knew for a fact that it was flicker and a similar number seemed to know for a fact that it was flick-R so I didn't come much closer to an answer. But then an e-mail arrived from one of the founders of the site which cleared things up for sure. It's pronounced flicker and had the correctly spelled domain name been available it would have been called flicker too. But it wasn't. So it's flickr.

Some people seem to be upset by the article although it seems to me they're assuming it's meant to be reportage when it's quite clearly an opinion piece. Papers are full of my-favourite-this-that-or-the-other or why-I-love-thingummy pieces and I wonder if they all make people's blood boil in the same way?

I spent yesterday filming a few more bits for Annually Retentive... it really is one of the most enjoyable jobs I've done.


No comments: