Thursday, March 2, 2006

Panels

Yesterday was a very full but satisfying day. I made my first contribution to a new TV show that I'm very excited by. It's a peculiar beast but at the same time the pilot show (that I wasn't involved in) is one of the funniest things I've seen. It's called Annually Retentive and it's sort of a panel show but not really, in fact it's more about a panel show than anything else. At the heart of the show is the very, very funny Rob Brydon. If you want to come along to see the studio recordings (March 6, 7, 8) you can get tickets here.

The evening was then spent recording two episodes of Radio 4's Quote... Unquote. This is a real life and far more straight forward panel show of some 30 year standing so you can't help but be aware that you're stepping into an institution when you take part in it. I was in particularly esteemed company (John Lloyd, Simon Brett anyone) and I was very pleased to discover that the other pannelist Stephanie Merritt was also making her first appearance on the show. Needless to say everyone involved was really very jolly and the evening flashed by.

No comments: