Monday, September 28, 2015

Competition? Check. Prize? Check. Shirt? Check.

This last week saw the biggest entry to one of my mailing list competitions since I started running them. There were about twice as many entries as normal. The vast majority got the answer right - my Elk's name was Brooks - but quite a few people went with Brubs. Which is what, I'm told the subtitlers went with also. But Brooks was right... and the winner was a Chris Jones. The sign and wallet will be on their way soon.

As a prize for this week, I thought I'd offer up last week's shirt. That's the shirt I'm wearing in the picture above. It's been washed. I couldn't give it away unwashed for all sorts of reasons. I'm no expert, but for all I know the winner could extract my DNA from the sweat and then plant it at various crime scenes, fitting me up like a kipper. That would never do. So washed it is.

To be in with a chance of winning it, you'll need to be on my mailing list. I'll be sending out the email with the question some time on Tuesday.

10 comments:

Wendy Gillett said...

Morning, just joined your mailing list. My son Ben, who is 14 thinks you're great! :-D x

Unknown said...

love the show!!

Unknown said...

Pretty sure washing your shirt doesn't get the DNA out.

Anonymous said...

Your Elk stole my name

Paul said...

So now you are literally giving the shirt off your back?

prhough said...

I suspect a conspiracy. The subtitlers deliberately put gave the name as 'Brubs' to reduce the number of correct answers and increase their chance of winning. I demand to know what job Chris Jones does!

Anonymous said...

i will use my magic washing machine to un-clean the shirt

Luke said...

So I can't create a clone of Dave then?

Dave Gorman said...

@Luke cloning me is definitely frowned upon!

Anonymous said...

If you lick the envelope then I will be able to extract most of your dna from that, combine it with a raptor and start my own Dave Gorman theme park. Dave-rassic Park.
We will only serve bitter melon soup