Sunday, September 13, 2015

Homes Under The Hammer. Without Music. Take 3.

I appreciate that this won't make a great deal of sense if you haven't seen the first show in series 3 of Modern Life Is Goodish.

You can fix that by heading over to UKTV Play and watching it now if you have a handy hour or so.

If you have seen the show, you'll know there's a section where I show some clips from Homes Under The Hammer... only I've stripped out the music they're playing under the clips and put in what I think are authentic sound effects instead. (I promise this makes sense in the context of the show.)

Anyway... I make these clips in my shed at home and there's one that we couldn't fit into the show so I thought I might as well throw it online anyway. I used three clips in the original dry run, live performances and they all worked really well... but this one was just too long to justify keeping it in when the same point was being made by the shorter clips. (Mind you, I suppose that in itself says something about how long a clip HUTH are happy to include when it contains... well... not that much, really.)


4 comments:

Annalisa Crawford said...

I'm going to find it hard to watch HUTH without hearing your sound effects now!!

Johanna said...

I am *so* pleased that someone else has wondered about the person who chooses the music excerpts for this show. I've always thought the shots of the estate agents self-consciously walking up the road to the house are odd, too . . .

Andrew said...

What would happen if we put sinister music over it..? I think it would become quite scary.

Unknown said...

Man, Gorman sound is just amazing. Great job Dave!