Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Most Satisfying Kind Of Feedback...

I know this won't make much sense unless you've seen episode two of Modern Life Is Goodish... if you haven't and want to, it's on UKTV Play here.

But for those that have, this sort of feedback is very satisfying. Not the tweets themselves - although I'm grateful to Les & Lisa for letting me know - but the knowledge that a word or phrase coined for the show has been heard being used out in the wild.

Of course the primary aim is/was to make an audience laugh. But the knowledge that some of them did that, and then carried a part of the show off with them on a night out a day or two later is just, well, satisfying.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw my workmate pay the storeman. I almost said to him "you're being a notefoldcock" just by the way he held the note. i didn't say it though.

Mike said...

I saw a notefoldcock when I went for a drink after work in Wetherspoons yesterday.

Unknown said...

I'm going to watch ur show at the hexagon on the 31st of October and if there are queue jumpers I will flip.
Best episode yet dave.

The show is a late birthday present for me and I was wondering if there was any chance I could possibly meet you?

Dave Gorman said...

Hi Lewis... I'm around out front after every show - come and say hi.

Unknown said...

Will do Dave, thanks I'm looking forward to the show, I'm sitting front row!

Gio said...

(Edit of the above - forgot to tweak the days)

So... there I was on Friday night... 3rd row or so of the crowd about to watch the Proclaimers play at the Looe Festival, when over my shoulder comes a pint to someone on the barrier... accompanied by the words:

"I had to double Barlow to get served"

(followed by an instruction to watch Saturday's repeat as the recipient didn't know what he was talking about...)

Unknown said...

Dave, thanks for the giggles on episode two. You did miss one very important tip for cutting someone up in the queue though, especially at the supermarket. You have to pretend not to have seen them, so rather than appearing rude you appear to merely have rotten peripheral vision.

Or is it just me that does that?

Tim Greene said...

I've not heard anyone refer to bring "barlowed" since Gormanuary 12th. Has the dad fizzled out?

Tim Greene said...

Or indeed the fad...