Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 24 -> Dumbarton

A quick glance at the uppity-downity chart shows you just how easy the day's ride has been...
It's been about as flat as it could be... and I've only cycled 18 and a half miles. It felt like a day off.

Here I am at the start of the journey, outside the Pavilion with my Human Sat Nav, Carol.
The urban sprawl spreads all the way from Glasgow to Dumbarton but we hardly saw any of it because we followed a ribbon like path of green, through a big park, along a canal towpath and eventually on to a cycle path that threaded its way between the mountains and the river, the road and the railway.

There were showers, there was sunshine, there was a howling gale... and there was a big bike...

It wasn't all plain sailing. After yesterday's ride-of-many-punctures for Tony it was my turn today.
I'm not a slick puncture-repairman... it took me far longer than it ought to. But I didn't want to suffer the same fate as Tony so I made sure I scoured the inside of my tyre for debris. I think I found the culprit. This tiny fragment of glass:
It delayed us, but it didn't stop us. Here we are at the end of the ride.
1141 miles and counting...

6 comments:

Vivian said...

Wow…seeing the picture with the big bike made me burst out laughing.
By the way, how did you do it on the top of the huge one?…;)

Rob said...

Whoa. Who's that creepy-looking geezer between the rear spokes of the giant bike???

Kirstie said...

Did you see the whale in the clyde?

David said...

Great gig at Denny Civic Theatre in Dumbaria. Dave is probably biggest name to play this venue since Larry Adler.

Anonymous said...

How on earth did you get on top of that bike? And where exactly was it? I'm from not far from Dumbarton, but it must have been put up since I moved south. When you go past Alexandria just up the road from Dumbarton wave to my mum as you go past!

Carole.

Dave Gorman said...

@celtic carole: I just clambered up. It's by the canal in Clydebank.